Are you interested in showcasing your journalism skills to the world while at the same time representing your campus on a national platform? WatchTheYard.com is looking for video journalists/hosts from for our Correspondent Program.
What Is The Correspondent Program?
WatchTheYard is looking to form a network of correspondents/reporters for our online programming. To do this, we are searching for the most talented journalists and videographers from colleges across the nation who will be responsible for showcasing their schools greek life to the world. As the go-to website for Black Greek content with over half a million viewers coming to our website every month, this is a great platform for talented college students to get their work seen on a national level and establish themselves as personalities in the space of NPHC greekdom.
– Filming and editing videos of step shows, probates and strolls
– Generating compelling stories on NPHC Greek life on your campus
– Conducting interviews with campus greeks and administration
– Generating viral video content for social media platforms
– Hosting WatchTheYard.com sponsored events
Currently we are looking for correspondents on the following campuses:
Florida A&M University (FAMU)
North Carolina A&T State University (NCAT)
Texas Southern University (TSU)
Jackson State University (JSU)
Tennessee State University (TSU)
Clark Atlanta University
Note: While the above colleges listed are ones that we are focusing on, we are open to the possibility of hiring correspondents to represent colleges not on the list. If you can prove in your application video that your campus has a sizable greek community with multiple fraternities and sororities, we will consider you for this position.
We are looking for an undergraduate student from each of the listed campuses who is majoring in Journalism, Communications, Film, or a related field. This person should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with extensive knowledge of web and social media.
Applicant must be a member of an NPHC fraternity or sorority, have access to a HD video camera and know how to edit video on either Final Cut Pro, iMove or Adobe software.
How To Apply
REQUIREMENTS: All candidates must currently have at least a 2.7 GPA and be able to receive college credit for participation. The following are steps needed in order to qualify for this position:
1. Shoot a video audition answering the following questions:
- Who are you and why does this interest you?
- How has Black Greek life influednced your life?
- What is your experience with journalism or video editing?
- Why should WatchTheYard be covering greek life on your campus?
2. Provide two phone numbers of Greeks from you campus who are not in your organization as references.
3. Send us a link to your Instagram account.
(Upload the video audition to Youtube and send it to WatchTheYard@gmail.com along with the references and Instagram account.)
COMPENSATION: All chosen correspondents can receive possible college credit for this position as well as have access to exclusive WatchTheYard clothing, events and promotions. They will be featured on WatchTheYard extensively and become developed as personalities within the space of african-american college life.
Send Material To WatchTheYard@Gmail.com